Last week on the AR Canada blog, you likely noticed us highlight our very first Dealer Training Tuesday, March 19, featuring names like Michael Cirillo (Dealer Playbook podcast), Jonathan Dawson (Sellchology) and more.
And we are psyched, to say the least, about bringing these valuable training opportunities to the Westin Harbour Castle, come March. But that is definitely not all we have in store for AR Canada attendees, which brings together execs from across the auto industry — from auto finance experts and auction GMS, to captive and OEM leaders, dealers and more.
The Auto Remarketing Canada Conference features three full content tracks, offering workshops and general sessions in: Auto Finance, Retail and Remarketing/Fleet.
And we are in the process of filling our agenda chalk full of names just about anyone in the Canadian auto industry would recognize. Think CARFAX Canada, TRADER Corp., Kijiji, Canadian Black Book, CarGurus and more.
Early Bird Registration is open until February 21st. Register today and save!
See below for a snapshot of some of the offerings available across Auto Remarketing Canada 2019’s three content tracks:
- The New Auto Fin Horizon: New Tech & Changing Tides: Leading auto finance and valuation experts to explore the auto fin trends that makes the automotive retail world tick. Think fintech, the latest technology, and consumer debt and credit trends. Will consumers be buying used or new? Where will your clients be paying their monthly bills next? Get up to speed on the latest in auto finance, as well as what’s on the horizon. This general session finance panel will be led by Bryan Murphy, VP, research and editorial, at Canadian Black Book. Already confirmed as panelists are Paul Barnes, AVP, business development, Carfinco; and Shannon Friesen, VP, dealer services, Canada Drives.
- Speaking the Language of Today’s F&I Buyer — Jeremy Belanger, Ontario Sales Manager, Industrial Alliance Dealer Services: When do you start the F&I conversation? In this workshop, attendees will discover real world examples of engaging today’s buyers through digital to start the conversation in the buyer’s language. Attendees will walk through what dealers are doing to speak to the customer browsing on the lot, as well as the website and social media platforms. This workshop will provide attendees with quick hitter ideas to start their process as well as where to look to ramp up their game.
- The Canadian Finance & Leasing Association will be hosting an Auto Finance workshop.
- Transunion Canada will be on site to share trends on credit and finance during an Auto Finance workshop.
- Canadian Wholesale Perspective: Strong New-Vehicles Sales Bode Well for Future Supply: The Canadian auto industry may still be looking for an earlier expected pickup in supply and leasing, which still hasn’t picked up as much as expected after the economic downturn of 2008. But consecutive years of record new-vehicle sales bodes well for future used supply, and is expected to turn the tides. Hear from players across all facets of the wholesale industry: auction execs, auction GMs, and those on the buyers’ side of the house, including dealers. This discussion will be led by AR Canada chairman Bill Zadeits, and will feature some of the top auction execs across Canada, including leaders from ADESA, Manheim and North Toronto Auction.
- Adopting a 360 Approach for Your Remarketing Strategy — Steve Langdon, Executive Director of Dealer Sales, TradeRev: In lane, dealer-to-dealer, mobile apps, and online—the choices abound when it comes to the channels available for buying and selling used vehicles. But understanding where, when, and how to acquire and sell the best vehicles and implementing a digital strategy can seem daunting. This interactive workshop will provide practical and actionable guidance on what channel to use and when, and also explore the potential benefits of pursuing a digital-first strategy (including ease, efficiency and speed). Steve will help dealers make sense of the tools available, the unique considerations of each, and how to incorporate a holistic 360-remarketing acquisition strategy.
- The Pulse on CPO: A Snapshot of the Canadian Certified Market: Strong new-vehicle sales. Expanding used supply. Growing leasing rates. All of these factors bode well for future CPO supply. And if 2018 trends were any indicator, the CPO market is showing no signs of slowing in Canada. Study the trends, and gain insight into what you should be focusing on in your CPO departments, what the CPO customer wants, OEM perspective and more. This panel will feature leading remarketing and CPO dealers, as well as OEM leadership, including already confirmed panelist Stephane Lubin, national remarketing and CPO manager for Kia Canada.
- OTO Lane will also be on site hosting a remarketing/fleet workshop.
Dealer Training Tuesday offerings are also retail focused: See more on those exclusive offerings here.
- The Multi-Platform Car Shopping Evolution — Lilian Lau, VP marketing, TRADER Corp.: A workshop on the evolution of the multi-platform car shopping journey based on autoTRADER’s research and website search insights.
- How to Win More Trades: Your Customers’ Perspective — Drew Harden, manager, research & insights, CARFAX Canada: What do customers do to prepare for the trade-in process? Why did they turn down your trade-in offer? What can you do improve your trade-in process and win more trades along the way? We asked 1,000 Canadian used car buyers to tell us what the trade-in process looks like from their side of the desk. We’ll share how your customers decide the value of their vehicle, what they think of your trade-in process, and why they turned down or accepted your offer.
- Picking Marketing Winners: The Metrics that Matter; Jeremy Sacco, senior content strategist, CarGurus: Distributing your digital marketing budget across multiple channels is critical to reaching today’s distracted shoppers. But understanding exactly which of those channels are having the most impact on sales can be tough: Each channel comes with its own set of metrics, and they’re not always easy to reconcile.
- Kijijii’s head of analytics Rohn Jackson will host a retail workshop. More info to come!
- NCM Associates will be on site for a workshop, as well.