If you’re investing the time and effort in being a part of the Auto Remarketing Canada conference, presented by CarProof, as an exhibitor, it only makes sense to do everything you can to maximize the opportunity, right?
Well, we here at the conference want to help! Whether you’re a seasoned exhibitor with many years of booth-manning experience under your belt or if it’s your very first time in an expo hall, we want you to be successful, leaving the conference with a stack of promising new leads and valuable new connections. That’s why we’re launching a series of blog posts designed to help you with every phase of the planning process — before, during and after the conference.
First up, of course, is what to do before the conference. As soon as you sign on the dotted line to reserve your spot in our (largest ever!) expo hall, the work begins! Here are a few key steps in the process that you need to keep in mind:
- Make travel arrangements: Confirm who will be attending the conference and make sure they are registered and have hotel reservations no later than March 26.
- Establish goals: What are you trying to get out of this conference? Solid leads or sales? Awareness of your new product/service? Be both specific and realistic when establishing your goals and then share these goals with those who will be present at the conference.
- Order booth materials: Don’t wait until the week or two before the conference to place your orders! Factor about 7-21 business days for graphic design approval and remember to include printing and shipping time as well. And while you’re at it …
- Choose better freebies: Forget the stress balls, pens and iPad giveaways; explore the option of giving discounts on your products and/or services which will incentivize a working relationship and give you a follow-up opportunity. Make freebies relevant to your goals and the theme of your booth. This article will give you some ideas as to how to choose the right freebies for your booth, even if you’re just buying pens.
- Get the word out!: While the organizers of Auto Remarketing Canada will be marketing the event as a whole, it’s important that you let your current network know that you’ll be participating as exhibitor. Build the excitement through social media, email marketing, your company website and even direct mail. Don’t forget to include your booth number so potential clients can find you on site.
Stay tuned for our next installment, which will discuss how to plan a theme and bring a coherent and meaningful message to the expo hall. In the meantime, if you have questions, be sure to ask your sales rep for their insight; they want you to be successful and are happy to help!