- Review the Attendee List – Take a look and see who will be attending the conference this year. Though the current attendee list doesn’t include contact information (you’ll get that at the end of the conference), it does include titles and companies.
- Know the Questions you need Answered – If you’re attending on behalf of your company, talk with your team about the information you’re seeking to gain from the conference. Then, take a look at the conference and agenda and plan to attend the sessions that will be most helpful for answering your questions.
- Bring LOTS of Business Cards – You’ll be shaking hands and rubbing shoulders left and right so be sure to come prepared! In addition to increasing your chances of a follow-up, giving someone your business card is a great way to end a conversation as you network the room.
- Make NEW Connections – We encourage you to meet and connect with the new faces who will be part of this year’s conference. Part of this experience is an opportunity to grow your network! Tip: practice introducing yourself in one sentence, making it easier for you to work the room.
- Be an Active Participant – Ask questions during the sessions, make comments via social media, have conversations with the exhibitors. The more you participate, the more meaningful and fulfilling your conference experience will be.
- Plan to Follow Up – To make someone part of your network requires your time and attention, starting with a timely follow-up. We recommend you message the connections you’ve made at the conference within the two weeks following the event while both of your memories are still fresh.
Lastly, remember to have fun! While the Auto Remarketing Canada conference is an industry event packed with information that will support the success of your business, it’s also an opportunity to enjoy the fruits of your labor!